What is involved in Network Functions Virtualization NFV
Find out what the related areas are that Network Functions Virtualization NFV connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Network Functions Virtualization NFV thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Network Functions Virtualization NFV journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Network Functions Virtualization NFV leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Network Functions Virtualization NFV related domains to cover and 153 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Network Functions Virtualization NFV, Network function virtualization, Application-specific integrated circuit, Carrier grade, Certes Networks, Cloud computing, Content delivery network, Cyan, Inc., Darmstadt, Germany, Data link layer, European Telecommunications Standards Institute, Google Talk, Hardware virtualization, High availability, IP Multimedia Subsystem, Intrusion detection system, Load balancing, Mobile base station, Network architecture, Network interface device, Network layer, Network management, Network node, Network virtualization, Northbound interface, OASIS TOSCA, Open Platform for NFV, Open vSwitch, Platform as a service, Proof of concept, RAD Data Communications, Session border controller, Shortest Path Bridging, Software-defined networking, Southbound interface, Systems integrator, Virtual machines, Virtualization engine, White paper:
Network Functions Virtualization NFV Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Network Functions Virtualization NFV adoptions and interpret which customers can’t participate in Network Functions Virtualization NFV because they lack skills.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Network Functions Virtualization NFV leader?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Network Functions Virtualization NFV move?
– How do we Lead with Network Functions Virtualization NFV in Mind?
Network function virtualization Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Network function virtualization issues and describe which business rules are needed as Network function virtualization interface.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Network Functions Virtualization NFV strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project?
– How can we improve Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Application-specific integrated circuit Critical Criteria:
Detail Application-specific integrated circuit issues and define Application-specific integrated circuit competency-based leadership.
– Is Network Functions Virtualization NFV Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Does Network Functions Virtualization NFV analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the long-term Network Functions Virtualization NFV goals?
Carrier grade Critical Criteria:
Rank Carrier grade quality and sort Carrier grade activities.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Network Functions Virtualization NFV that make it risky?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Network Functions Virtualization NFV processes?
– Why is Network Functions Virtualization NFV important for you now?
Certes Networks Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Certes Networks planning and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Certes Networks projects.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Network Functions Virtualization NFV process?
– Who sets the Network Functions Virtualization NFV standards?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Sort Cloud computing risks and create a map for yourself.
– How might we classify current cloud computing offerings across a spectrum, and how do the technical and business challenges differ depending on where in the spectrum a particular offering lies?
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– Governance: Is there a governance structure to ensure that PII is managed and protected through its life cycle, even when it is stored or processed in a cloud computing environment?
– How can we create a secure environment to protect our data, especially when new business models like cloud computing and mobility leave us with little control over it?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– Have you considered that metrics collection, and system performance and security monitoring are more difficult in the cloud?
– Is it more economical to move my existing datacenter-hosted service to the cloud, or to keep it in a datacenter?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT Service Management ?
– What are some cost cutting strategies for controlling cloud computing costs?
– What are some standards emerging around cloud computing?
– What are the benefits of cloud computing to consumers?
– What are the usability issues around cloud computing?
– What are the security concerns with cloud computing?
– How is cloud computing related to web analytics?
– Is there a market for developing niche clouds?
– How does BYOD affect security in the cloud?
– Is Cloud computing dangerous for our data?
– What are some cloud computing benchmarks?
– Will database virtualization take off?
Content delivery network Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Content delivery network planning and oversee Content delivery network requirements.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Network Functions Virtualization NFV? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are our Network Functions Virtualization NFV Processes?
Cyan, Inc. Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Cyan, Inc. quality and integrate design thinking in Cyan, Inc. innovation.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Network Functions Virtualization NFV services/products?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Network Functions Virtualization NFV project?
– How do we go about Comparing Network Functions Virtualization NFV approaches/solutions?
Darmstadt, Germany Critical Criteria:
Nurse Darmstadt, Germany quality and maintain Darmstadt, Germany for success.
– Do those selected for the Network Functions Virtualization NFV team have a good general understanding of what Network Functions Virtualization NFV is all about?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Network Functions Virtualization NFV does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Do we all define Network Functions Virtualization NFV in the same way?
Data link layer Critical Criteria:
Mix Data link layer risks and triple focus on important concepts of Data link layer relationship management.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Network Functions Virtualization NFV forward?
– Does Network Functions Virtualization NFV appropriately measure and monitor risk?
European Telecommunications Standards Institute Critical Criteria:
Chat re European Telecommunications Standards Institute risks and achieve a single European Telecommunications Standards Institute view and bringing data together.
– Is maximizing Network Functions Virtualization NFV protection the same as minimizing Network Functions Virtualization NFV loss?
– When a Network Functions Virtualization NFV manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Google Talk Critical Criteria:
Start Google Talk management and triple focus on important concepts of Google Talk relationship management.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Network Functions Virtualization NFV project manager?
– How is the value delivered by Network Functions Virtualization NFV being measured?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Hardware virtualization results and adjust implementation of Hardware virtualization.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Network Functions Virtualization NFV. How do we gain traction?
– Have all basic functions of Network Functions Virtualization NFV been defined?
High availability Critical Criteria:
Participate in High availability leadership and know what your objective is.
– Think about the people you identified for your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are some of our practices for having application consistent snapshots across multiple persistent storage systems for disaster recovery and or high availability purposes?
– Should the deployment occur in high availability mode or should we configure in bypass mode?
– Have you identified your Network Functions Virtualization NFV key performance indicators?
– How can sdn be applied in the context of disaster recovery and high availability?
– Are our applications designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
– Is the application designed for high availability and disaster recovery?
IP Multimedia Subsystem Critical Criteria:
Use past IP Multimedia Subsystem leadership and stake your claim.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Network Functions Virtualization NFV models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Are there Network Functions Virtualization NFV problems defined?
– How to deal with Network Functions Virtualization NFV Changes?
Intrusion detection system Critical Criteria:
Align Intrusion detection system strategies and find answers.
– Can intrusion detection systems be configured to ignore activity that is generated by authorized scanner operation?
– What is a limitation of a server-based intrusion detection system (ids)?
– How will you measure your Network Functions Virtualization NFV effectiveness?
– How to Secure Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
Load balancing Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Load balancing issues and overcome Load balancing skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Network Functions Virtualization NFV goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– In what ways are Network Functions Virtualization NFV vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What is a feature of dns server load balancing?
– What load balancing technique should we use?
Mobile base station Critical Criteria:
Deduce Mobile base station projects and look at it backwards.
– What are current Network Functions Virtualization NFV Paradigms?
Network architecture Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Network architecture goals and proactively manage Network architecture risks.
– Does Network Functions Virtualization NFV systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is there any existing Network Functions Virtualization NFV governance structure?
– What are the business goals Network Functions Virtualization NFV is aiming to achieve?
Network interface device Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Network interface device adoptions and integrate design thinking in Network interface device innovation.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Network Functions Virtualization NFV products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What will drive Network Functions Virtualization NFV change?
Network layer Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Network layer strategies and finalize the present value of growth of Network layer.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Network Functions Virtualization NFV into the services that we provide?
– What is Data Security at Network Layer?
Network management Critical Criteria:
Consult on Network management projects and look at the big picture.
– What are the disruptive Network Functions Virtualization NFV technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Network node Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Network node failures and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Network node information.
– To what extent does management recognize Network Functions Virtualization NFV as a tool to increase the results?
– Is Supporting Network Functions Virtualization NFV documentation required?
Network virtualization Critical Criteria:
Talk about Network virtualization issues and report on developing an effective Network virtualization strategy.
– How do we measure improved Network Functions Virtualization NFV service perception, and satisfaction?
– Does our organization need more Network Functions Virtualization NFV education?
Northbound interface Critical Criteria:
Survey Northbound interface leadership and assess and formulate effective operational and Northbound interface strategies.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Network Functions Virtualization NFV activities?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV activities?
– Why are Network Functions Virtualization NFV skills important?
OASIS TOSCA Critical Criteria:
Wrangle OASIS TOSCA governance and look in other fields.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV processes?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Network Functions Virtualization NFV objectives?
Open Platform for NFV Critical Criteria:
Align Open Platform for NFV tactics and balance specific methods for improving Open Platform for NFV results.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Network Functions Virtualization NFV process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Network Functions Virtualization NFV process available?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Network Functions Virtualization NFV, including any consulting or professional services?
– Who will provide the final approval of Network Functions Virtualization NFV deliverables?
Open vSwitch Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Open vSwitch projects and give examples utilizing a core of simple Open vSwitch skills.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
– Can we do Network Functions Virtualization NFV without complex (expensive) analysis?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Own Platform as a service decisions and change contexts.
– Do we monitor the Network Functions Virtualization NFV decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How can skill-level changes improve Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
– How can the value of Network Functions Virtualization NFV be defined?
Proof of concept Critical Criteria:
Discourse Proof of concept results and test out new things.
– Consider your own Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Network Functions Virtualization NFV?
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– Think of your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what are the main functions?
– What is explored during the proof of concept phase for cloud adoption?
– Which applications can I immediately move after a proof of concept?
– What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
RAD Data Communications Critical Criteria:
Recall RAD Data Communications management and overcome RAD Data Communications skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Network Functions Virtualization NFV is underway?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Network Functions Virtualization NFV leaders?
– Are we Assessing Network Functions Virtualization NFV and Risk?
Session border controller Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Session border controller risks and find answers.
– Are assumptions made in Network Functions Virtualization NFV stated explicitly?
– Is a Network Functions Virtualization NFV Team Work effort in place?
Shortest Path Bridging Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Shortest Path Bridging visions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Shortest Path Bridging.
– Are accountability and ownership for Network Functions Virtualization NFV clearly defined?
– How much does Network Functions Virtualization NFV help?
Software-defined networking Critical Criteria:
Check Software-defined networking tactics and perfect Software-defined networking conflict management.
Southbound interface Critical Criteria:
Map Southbound interface visions and correct Southbound interface management by competencies.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Network Functions Virtualization NFV agendas for the next 3 years?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Network Functions Virtualization NFV effort?
– Why should we adopt a Network Functions Virtualization NFV framework?
Systems integrator Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Systems integrator visions and optimize Systems integrator leadership as a key to advancement.
– Think about the functions involved in your Network Functions Virtualization NFV project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What is the purpose of Network Functions Virtualization NFV in relation to the mission?
Virtual machines Critical Criteria:
Dissect Virtual machines planning and find out what it really means.
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
– How do we maintain Network Functions Virtualization NFVs Integrity?
Virtualization engine Critical Criteria:
Guard Virtualization engine governance and overcome Virtualization engine skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Network Functions Virtualization NFV delivery for example is new software needed?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Network Functions Virtualization NFV ?
– What is our Network Functions Virtualization NFV Strategy?
White paper Critical Criteria:
Jump start White paper governance and devote time assessing White paper and its risk.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Network Functions Virtualization NFV information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Network Functions Virtualization NFV requirements in detail?
– How important is Network Functions Virtualization NFV to the user organizations mission?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Network Functions Virtualization NFV Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Network function virtualization External links:
Network Function Virtualization – technet.microsoft.com
Network Function Virtualization (NFV) – YouTube
What is Network Function Virtualization (NFV) – Ciena
Carrier grade External links:
ORock Technologies – Carrier Grade Secure Cloud
Certes Networks External links:
Certes Networks Competitors – CB Insights
Certes Networks Layer 4 Encryption – YouTube
An Introduction to Certes Networks – YouTube
Cloud computing External links:
REAN Cloud – Managed Services | Cloud Computing | …
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Content delivery network External links:
Azure Content delivery network | Microsoft Azure
Akamai – Content Delivery Network (CDN) & Cloud …
Content Delivery Network Pricing – Amazon CloudFront
Cyan, Inc. External links:
[PDF]Cyan, Inc., ET AL, v. Beaver County Employees …
Darmstadt, Germany External links:
Job Search – Careers | Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany …
U.S.Army 547th Kelley Barracks, Darmstadt, Germany – …
Company Section | Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany
Data link layer External links:
BRAND: Data Link Layer – USNA
شبكات الحاسوب41 Data Link Layer Services – YouTube
Data Link Layer Protocols – Academics | WPI
European Telecommunications Standards Institute External links:
ETSI – European Telecommunications Standards Institute
European Telecommunications Standards Institute …
Google Talk External links:
How to Set up a Google Talk Account: 9 Steps (with Pictures)
Watch Saturday Night Live Highlight: Google Talk – NBC.com
Google Talk for Developers | Google Developers
Hardware virtualization External links:
How to Enable Hardware Virtualization – MEmu App Player
High availability External links:
Deploying high availability and site resilience
High Availability Replication Software | EVault & DoubleTake
IP Multimedia Subsystem External links:
IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) Call Flows – EventHelix.com
IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) – YouTube
IP Multimedia Subsystem – IMS Test Suite – YouTube
Intrusion detection system External links:
Intrusion Detection System | Security Data Management
Load balancing External links:
Traffic Manager – Cloud load balancing | Microsoft Azure
What is a Load Balancer? Guide to Load Balancing – Citrix
Application Gateway–Load Balancing Solution | Microsoft Azure
Mobile base station External links:
T&D RTR-500MBS-A Mobile Base Station – CAS DataLoggers
Network architecture External links:
Data Center Networking and Network Architecture …
Network interface device External links:
CenturyLink | Wholesale | Network Interface Device (NID)
[PDF]9145E Network Interface Device User’s Manual – …
Network layer External links:
Network layer in React Native – DailyJS – Medium
What is the Network Layer? – Definition from Techopedia
OSI Model Reference Guide Network Layer Architecture
Network management External links:
Network Management Policy | MetroCast
[PDF]PROVIDER NETWORK MANAGEMENT RESOURCE …
What is Network Management? – Definition from Techopedia
Network node External links:
[PDF]TONN8 Trend Open Network Node – …
[PDF]Joint Network Node (JNN) – dote.osd.mil
HPE Network Node Manager i Premium Edition – license – …
Network virtualization External links:
VMware® Network Virtualization – learn.vmware.com
http://Ad · learn.vmware.com/VMware-NSX/Dummies-Guide
Northbound interface External links:
Wireless Glossary – NBI (Northbound Interface)
[MS-NCNBI]: Network Controller Northbound Interface
CMS Northbound Interface Integration – Gregory Brewster
OASIS TOSCA External links:
OASIS TOSCA Translator – IBM Code
[PDF]OASIS TOSCA – OpenStack
Oasis Tosca DevOps Paris (Paris, France) | Meetup
Open Platform for NFV External links:
Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV) – YouTube
Open Platform for NFV (OPNFV): How to Get Involved | …
[PDF]Introducing Open Platform for NFV – IETF
Open vSwitch External links:
VXLAN overlay networks with Open vSwitch. – YouTube
Introduction to Open vSwitch (OVS) – YouTube
Platform as a service External links:
Platform as a Service – outsystems.com
http://Ad · www.outsystems.com/platform/as-a-service
Platform as a Service | Oracle Cloud
Cloud Migration Platform as a Service | SaaS Platform
Proof of concept External links:
What is a Proof of Concept (POC)? – Definition from …
RAD Data Communications External links:
Contact Us – RAD Data Communications
27 RAD data communications reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Get directions, reviews and information for Rad Data Communications Inc in Pointe-Claire, QC.
http://RFQ for Rad Data Communications Ltd KM2000M-KML.2/N
Session border controller External links:
[PDF]Deploying Avaya Session Border Controller for …
[PDF]Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise 7.2 …
[PDF]Oracle® Communications Session Border Controller
Shortest Path Bridging External links:
Shortest Path Bridging Archives – Avaya Connected Blog
[PDF]Configuration – Shortest Path Bridging MAC (SPBM) …
[PDF]Configuration — Shortest Path Bridging MAC …
Software-defined networking External links:
What is software-defined networking (SDN)? – …
Southbound interface External links:
Does SolarWinds have a southbound interface? |THWACK
Southbound Interface – IEEE Conferences, Publications, …
Southbound Interface – Load Balancer | Load Balancing
Systems integrator External links:
AV Systems Integrator – Los Angeles & Orange County – …
Neurilink | Leading Audio Visual Systems Integrator
Virtual machines External links:
Beginner Geek: How to Create and Use Virtual Machines
Virtual machines (eBook, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Virtual machines – Math – The University of Utah
Virtualization engine External links:
Delphix Virtualization Engine – Delphix
White paper External links:
What is white paper? – Definition from WhatIs.com
INDOOR AGRICULTURE WHITE PAPERS – Indoor Ag-Con
Bitcoin White Paper: Beginner’s Guide – Bitcoin.com