What is involved in System Integration
Find out what the related areas are that System Integration connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a System Integration thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its System Integration journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward System Integration leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which System Integration related domains to cover and 296 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
System Integration, User experience, Electrical engineering, Integration Competency Center, Biological systems engineering, Cleanroom software engineering, ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7, Quality function deployment, Project management, System lifecycle, Computer programming, Software configuration management, Work breakdown structure, Team software process, Earth systems engineering and management, System design, Software documentation, Software development process, Information technology, Software development, Feature-driven development, Spiral model, Extreme programming, Infrastructure as Code, Data integration, Ruzena Bajcsy, Software development methodology, Microsoft Solutions Framework, UML tools, Systems analysis, Software application, ISO 9001, Functional specification, Business process, Software prototyping, Software construction, Systems modeling, Vertical integration, Mathematical optimization, Data conversion, IEEE Standards Association, Software quality assurance, Function model, Aerospace engineering, System of record, Reliability engineering, Agile software development, Verification and validation, Extreme programming practices, Software maintenance, Requirements engineering, System Integration, Pair Programming, Software design, Disparate system, Graphical user interface builder, Integrated development environment, Stand-up meeting, Build automation, Scaled Agile Framework, Design review, Computer engineering, Personal software process, Application release automation, Model-driven development, Rapid application development:
System Integration Critical Criteria:
Inquire about System Integration risks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging System Integration.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once System Integration is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective System Integration leader?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
User experience Critical Criteria:
Accommodate User experience strategies and budget for User experience challenges.
– What do you think the world of enterprise software delivery will look like in ten to fifteen years (take into account practices, technology, and user experience)?
– How can I avoid duplication of identity, attributes, and credentials and provide a single sign-on user experience for my users?
– Where does User Experience come from, what does it add to the software development process and what methods are available?
– What is the difference between information architecture and user experience design?
– What are the potential impacts to user experience by using a cloud-based service?
– What are the problems when integrating Agile Development and User Experience?
– Agile-User Experience Design: With or Without a Usability Expert in the Team?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– How important is System Integration to the user organizations mission?
– How do we Identify specific System Integration investment and emerging trends?
– What are the best-practices for creating a good User Experience?
– What are the Essentials of Internal System Integration Management?
– What does User Experience do?
– What is User Experience?
Electrical engineering Critical Criteria:
Grasp Electrical engineering visions and transcribe Electrical engineering as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of System Integration product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How do we know that any System Integration analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Does System Integration appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Integration Competency Center Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Integration Competency Center tasks and devote time assessing Integration Competency Center and its risk.
– Who sets the System Integration standards?
– Why should we adopt a System Integration framework?
Biological systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Group Biological systems engineering engagements and report on setting up Biological systems engineering without losing ground.
– Is System Integration dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Have the types of risks that may impact System Integration been identified and analyzed?
Cleanroom software engineering Critical Criteria:
Recall Cleanroom software engineering visions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Cleanroom software engineering.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a System Integration project?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your System Integration activities?
– How can we improve System Integration?
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 Critical Criteria:
Pilot ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 adoptions and sort ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 activities.
– what is the best design framework for System Integration organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that System Integration objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Will System Integration deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Quality function deployment Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Quality function deployment outcomes and create a map for yourself.
– Are there System Integration problems defined?
– What threat is System Integration addressing?
– How do we keep improving System Integration?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Mine Project management visions and finalize the present value of growth of Project management.
– Are there project management practices that remain constant across traditional, hybrid, and agile approaches (e.g., Risk Management, stakeholder management, team building)?
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Are there metrics and standards that can be used for control of agile project progress during execution?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What scenarios in terms of projected cost, schedule, and scope could/should we plan for?
– Which individual role is responsible for all aspects of the delivery of the solution?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its System Integration processes?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Does implementation of project management require a culture change?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 9 – one or the other, or both?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– What are the Commercial aspects of Project Management?
– What is the Technical aspect of Project Management?
– How does cost of change affect software?
– What is scrum?
– When is done done?
– Who is a customer?
System lifecycle Critical Criteria:
Pilot System lifecycle leadership and oversee System lifecycle management by competencies.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our System Integration agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting System Integration with what users do day-to-day?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Computer programming governance and get going.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which System Integration models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding System Integration?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Software configuration management tactics and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do we manage System Integration Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– How can you measure System Integration in a systematic way?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
Work breakdown structure Critical Criteria:
Value Work breakdown structure failures and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Work breakdown structure.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for System Integration strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations System Integration values?
– What are the Key enablers to make this System Integration move?
– Explain in detail the Work Breakdown Structure?
Team software process Critical Criteria:
Analyze Team software process outcomes and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Team software process is getting what it needs.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as System Integration leaders?
– Do System Integration rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Earth systems engineering and management Critical Criteria:
Infer Earth systems engineering and management tasks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Earth systems engineering and management.
– Does System Integration include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How likely is the current System Integration plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How do we Lead with System Integration in Mind?
System design Critical Criteria:
Substantiate System design tasks and oversee System design management by competencies.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if System Integration does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Performance measurement system design: Should process based approaches be adopted?
– Are accountability and ownership for System Integration clearly defined?
Software documentation Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Software documentation outcomes and transcribe Software documentation as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Can we do System Integration without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How is the value delivered by System Integration being measured?
Software development process Critical Criteria:
Refer to Software development process tactics and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Software development process.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new System Integration in a volatile global economy?
– Why is System Integration important for you now?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Information technology leadership and assess and formulate effective operational and Information technology strategies.
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Does System Integration analysis show the relationships among important System Integration factors?
– What is the source of the strategies for System Integration strengthening and reform?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
Software development Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Software development engagements and know what your objective is.
– Much of the agile advice is oriented towards small teams of up to ten people, who are either co-located or near located, who have ready access to their primary stakeholders, and who are working on software that can be easily organized into a series of small releases. What about large teams?
– How do you take a methodology, like agile development, that basically evolved in small groups and then scale it up so that it works on projects with hundreds of developers and thousands of users?
– What if your business needs are still emerging and certain aspects of the system are rapidly changing or cannot be defined yet?
– How do you take an approach like CMM that is heavily about management control and measurement and make it light on its feet?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– What are our metrics to use to measure the performance of a team using agile software development methodology?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Should you have a strict project sequence, or should you be flexible?
– How good are the designers and programmers in the development team?
– What changes need to be made to agile development today?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– Do we use kanban, and know how it compares to scrum?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– Is the system subject to external regulation?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– How do engineers feel about it?
– What Is Exploratory Testing?
Feature-driven development Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Feature-driven development goals and oversee Feature-driven development requirements.
– What are the key elements of your System Integration performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Do those selected for the System Integration team have a good general understanding of what System Integration is all about?
Spiral model Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Spiral model projects and get out your magnifying glass.
– What are the long-term System Integration goals?
– What about System Integration Analysis of results?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Start Extreme programming visions and document what potential Extreme programming megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Which customers cant participate in our System Integration domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– In what ways are System Integration vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Do we monitor the System Integration decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Infrastructure as Code Critical Criteria:
Understand Infrastructure as Code planning and know what your objective is.
– Does System Integration create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of System Integration moving forward?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Study Data integration adoptions and summarize a clear Data integration focus.
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving System Integration forward?
– Is there any existing System Integration governance structure?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
Ruzena Bajcsy Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Ruzena Bajcsy failures and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Ruzena Bajcsy projects.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of System Integration into the services that we provide?
– What are the short and long-term System Integration goals?
Software development methodology Critical Criteria:
Participate in Software development methodology tactics and define what our big hairy audacious Software development methodology goal is.
– What is the total cost related to deploying System Integration, including any consulting or professional services?
– To what extent does management recognize System Integration as a tool to increase the results?
– How to deal with System Integration Changes?
Microsoft Solutions Framework Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Microsoft Solutions Framework risks and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Microsoft Solutions Framework projects.
– Do the System Integration decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– How would one define System Integration leadership?
UML tools Critical Criteria:
Investigate UML tools goals and test out new things.
– How can skill-level changes improve System Integration?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Depict Systems analysis risks and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Learning Systems Analysis: once one has a good grasp of the current state of the organization, there is still an important question that needs to be asked: what is the organizations potential for developing and changing – in the near future and in the longer term?
– What qualifications should the Systems Analysis team be looking for when hiring their new team member?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the System Integration process?
– What criteria are most appropriate for assessing whether the systems attainments are adequate?
– What are information systems, and who are the stakeholders in the information systems game?
– What are the important external or multisectoral determinants of system performance?
– How should one include criteria of equity and efficiency in performance assessment?
– What process must the company go through to obtain and implement a new system?
– What service providers would be able to build this application if outsourced?
– What specific functions (or sub-systems) exist within the organization?
– What other technologies, tools, or equipment are used in this process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
– How can case tools be used to support requirements determination?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– Economic feasibility. is the solution cost-effective?
– What other people take part in this system?
– Systems Analysis and design: why is it?
– How broad should the analysis be?
– Can the process be simplified?
– Why choose ssadm?
Software application Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Software application tactics and overcome Software application skills and management ineffectiveness.
– what is the BI software application landscape going to look like in the next 5 years?
– Does our organization need more System Integration education?
ISO 9001 Critical Criteria:
Own ISO 9001 goals and report on setting up ISO 9001 without losing ground.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent System Integration services/products?
– Does a supplier having an ISO 9001 or AS9100 certification automatically satisfy this requirement?
Functional specification Critical Criteria:
Add value to Functional specification results and achieve a single Functional specification view and bringing data together.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic System Integration objectives?
– How will you know that the System Integration project has been successful?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Business process decisions and look at it backwards.
– To what extent will this product open up for subsequent add-on products, e.g. business process outsourcing services built on top of a program-as-a-service offering?
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Are interruptions to business activities counteracted and critical business processes protected from the effects of major failures or disasters?
– What are the disruptive System Integration technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– If we accept wire transfers what is the desired business process around supporting wire transfers?
– How do clients contact client services with any questions about business processes?
– If we accept checks what is the desired business process around supporting checks?
– What are the relationships with other business processes and are these necessary?
– Will existing staff require re-training, for example, to learn new business processes?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of Change Management?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
Software prototyping Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Software prototyping governance and probe Software prototyping strategic alliances.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the System Integration requirements in detail?
Software construction Critical Criteria:
Judge Software construction strategies and track iterative Software construction results.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these System Integration processes?
– What are the usability implications of System Integration actions?
Systems modeling Critical Criteria:
Use past Systems modeling outcomes and maintain Systems modeling for success.
– In the case of a System Integration project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a System Integration project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any System Integration project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
Vertical integration Critical Criteria:
Shape Vertical integration results and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Vertical integration.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to System Integration? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Mathematical optimization Critical Criteria:
Sort Mathematical optimization strategies and document what potential Mathematical optimization megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
Data conversion Critical Criteria:
Group Data conversion issues and attract Data conversion skills.
IEEE Standards Association Critical Criteria:
Categorize IEEE Standards Association failures and correct better engagement with IEEE Standards Association results.
– Is the System Integration organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of System Integration that make it risky?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Value Software quality assurance adoptions and catalog Software quality assurance activities.
– For your System Integration project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– Is System Integration Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Trace Function model tasks and find out.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this System Integration process?
Aerospace engineering Critical Criteria:
Align Aerospace engineering engagements and innovate what needs to be done with Aerospace engineering.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect System Integration workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
System of record Critical Criteria:
Revitalize System of record adoptions and handle a jump-start course to System of record.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of System Integration?
Reliability engineering Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Reliability engineering tactics and look for lots of ideas.
– Can we add value to the current System Integration decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Are there System Integration Models?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Agile software development management and customize techniques for implementing Agile software development controls.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Many teams will find that informal modeling sessions around whiteboards will be sufficient, although sometimes more formal modeling sessions, such as Joint Application Design (JAD) strategies or stakeholder interviews will work best. How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– How do you know when the software will be finished if theres no up-front plan?
– What other types of systems might be able to benefit from this component?
– Do we ask in the sprint retrospective: What went well during the sprint?
– How do you best coordinate Agile and non-Agile teams?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– Will the team be populated by stakeholders?
– How do Agile projects prioritize work?
– How good are our agile methods?
– When should we not use it?
– Have we Adopted Agile?
– What is ASD to us?
– What is Agility ?
Verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Verification and validation decisions and pay attention to the small things.
Extreme programming practices Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Extreme programming practices tasks and achieve a single Extreme programming practices view and bringing data together.
– How can you negotiate System Integration successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How to Secure System Integration?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Software maintenance decisions and pay attention to the small things.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your System Integration processes?
– Does System Integration systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good System Integration project manager?
Requirements engineering Critical Criteria:
Analyze Requirements engineering projects and spearhead techniques for implementing Requirements engineering.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a System Integration process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the System Integration process available?
– Think about the functions involved in your System Integration project. what processes flow from these functions?
System Integration Critical Criteria:
Prioritize System Integration adoptions and track iterative System Integration results.
Pair Programming Critical Criteria:
Frame Pair Programming projects and catalog Pair Programming activities.
– How do we go about Comparing System Integration approaches/solutions?
– How can the value of System Integration be defined?
Software design Critical Criteria:
Graph Software design planning and separate what are the business goals Software design is aiming to achieve.
– What are specific System Integration Rules to follow?
Disparate system Critical Criteria:
Generalize Disparate system goals and develop and take control of the Disparate system initiative.
– How do your measurements capture actionable System Integration information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to System Integration?
Graphical user interface builder Critical Criteria:
Shape Graphical user interface builder management and overcome Graphical user interface builder skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing System Integration? There might be some that are less obvious?
Integrated development environment Critical Criteria:
Apply Integrated development environment quality and look for lots of ideas.
– Among the System Integration product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What vendors make products that address the System Integration needs?
Stand-up meeting Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Stand-up meeting outcomes and probe the present value of growth of Stand-up meeting.
– Will System Integration have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Stand-up meeting time and format?
Build automation Critical Criteria:
Derive from Build automation results and look in other fields.
– What are the barriers to increased System Integration production?
– What is our formula for success in System Integration ?
Scaled Agile Framework Critical Criteria:
Look at Scaled Agile Framework risks and know what your objective is.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing System Integration?
– How will you measure your System Integration effectiveness?
Design review Critical Criteria:
Adapt Design review strategies and report on the economics of relationships managing Design review and constraints.
– How do we ensure that implementations of System Integration products are done in a way that ensures safety?
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Computer engineering adoptions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Computer engineering.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed System Integration opportunities costing us money?
– Who will provide the final approval of System Integration deliverables?
– Does the System Integration task fit the clients priorities?
Personal software process Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Personal software process planning and triple focus on important concepts of Personal software process relationship management.
– Think of your System Integration project. what are the main functions?
Application release automation Critical Criteria:
Categorize Application release automation governance and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Application release automation.
Model-driven development Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Model-driven development adoptions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Model-driven development.
– In a project to restructure System Integration outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What are internal and external System Integration relations?
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Unify Rapid application development results and point out improvements in Rapid application development.
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project can be completed on time?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a System Integration project?
– What new hardware, software, databases or procedures will improve an existing system?
– What sets of objectives are important to our systems development project?
– Are requirements abstract enough and can they change within limits?
– What is a formalized approach for developing a project schedule?
– Technical feasibility -is the solution technically practical?
– Is there a need to exchange data with other applications?
– What are the primary advantages of the traditional sdlc?
– Did usability perceptions change during the rad proces?
– Economic feasibility -is the solution cost-effective?
– Is the system large and can it be sensibly split up?
– What are the potential costs (variable and fixed)?
– Is the system heavy on computation?
– What is important for us?
– What is architected rad?
– Why are sdlcs important?
– When use RAD?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the System Integration Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
System Integration External links:
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration …
User experience External links:
User Experience Consulting – Blink UX – Seattle Washington
User Experience | UX Design Tools | Optimal Workshop
User Experience Professionals Association
Electrical engineering External links:
USC Viterbi | Ming Hsieh Department of Electrical Engineering
Home | Electrical Engineering Online
Integration Competency Center External links:
The Role of the Integration Competency Center – Gartner
Integration Competency Center | Yale ITS
Biological systems engineering External links:
Biological systems engineering (eBook, 2002) …
Biological Systems Engineering | Washington State …
Department of Biological Systems Engineering | …
Cleanroom software engineering External links:
Cleanroom Software Engineering – Cleanroom method steps
[DOC]Cleanroom Software Engineering – DAU Home
[PDF]Cleanroom Software Engineering – Georgia Tech …
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 External links:
US TAG to ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7, Software and Systems …
IEC – ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 Dashboard > Scope
[PDF]ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 7 N XXXX 2 Date: 2007-06-15 – IEEE-SA
Quality function deployment External links:
Quality Function Deployment QFD :: Overview :: The …
what is QFD? (quality function deployment) – IMPACture
QFD Online – Quality Function Deployment
Project management External links:
Membership | Project Management Institute
System lifecycle External links:
[PDF]Computer System Lifecycle – George Mason University
http://The system lifecycle in systems engineering is a view of a system or proposed system that addresses all phases of its existence to include system conception, design and development, production and/or construction, distribution, operation, maintenance and support, retirement, phase-out and disposal.
Computer programming External links:
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM For Kids
Computer programming | Computing | Khan Academy
Software configuration management External links:
What is Software Configuration Management and Why Do …
Set up the software configuration management …
Software configuration management
http://In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
Work breakdown structure External links:
[DOC]WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE – Maryland
[PPT]Work Breakdown Structure – Perisic
Team software process External links:
[PDF]Team Software Process (TSP) Coach Mentoring …
[PDF]CMMI Level 5 and the Team Software Process
Team Software Process | Overview
Earth systems engineering and management External links:
[PDF]Earth Systems Engineering and Management – …
Center for Earth Systems Engineering and Management | …
Center for Earth Systems Engineering and Management
System design External links:
54 System Design – Login
Rain Bird Sprinkler System Design Service
[PDF]DUCT SYSTEM DESIGN CONSIDERATIONS – …
Software documentation External links:
Progress® Software Documentation
Software Documentation – FIREHOUSE Software®
Lifesize Hardware & Software Documentation
Software development process External links:
Software Development Process Flashcards | Quizlet
Information technology External links:
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Software development External links:
Online Education and Software Development | Smart Horizons
Spiral model External links:
SDLC Spiral Model – Tutorials Point
Create Spiral Model in PowerPoint Easily
methodology – Agile Vs Spiral Model for SDLC – Stack Overflow
Extreme programming External links:
[PDF]Exploring Extreme Programming in Context: An …
Infrastructure as Code External links:
Infrastructure as Code | Simple
‘Infrastructure as Code’ in Chicago (Chicago, IL) | Meetup
Data integration External links:
KingswaySoft – Data Integration Solutions
ADP Marketplace | The Source for HR Data Integration
Data Integration Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Ruzena Bajcsy External links:
Ruzena Bajcsy – The Mathematics Genealogy Project
Ruzena Bajcsy | Penn Current
Ruzena Bajcsy – People @ EECS at UC Berkeley
Software development methodology External links:
CIS 610 | Software Development Methodology – CSU Online
CISA Exam-Software Development Methodology (Agile/OOSD…
Microsoft Solutions Framework External links:
Download Microsoft Solutions Framework Core …
Microsoft Solutions Framework: The Deployment Phase
Download Microsoft Solutions Framework Version 3 …
Systems analysis External links:
Technology Services / Systems Analysis & Support
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
SKM Systems Analysis, Inc. – Power System Software and …
ISO 9001 External links:
What Is ISO 9001? | eHow
ISO 9001 Purchasing Procedures | Chron.com
Bevel Gear Co., LTD | ISO 9001 Precision Gear Manufacturer
Functional specification External links:
Functional Specification – technet.microsoft.com
What is functional specification? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Process 2: Write the Functional Specification
Business process External links:
20 Best Title:(business Process Manager) jobs (Hiring …
What is business process? – Definition from WhatIs.com
[PDF]Business Process Guide Position Management : …
Software prototyping External links:
Skill Pages – Software prototyping | Dice.com
[PDF]Methods for Software Prototyping
Software Prototyping | Rapid Prototyping | AgileThought
Systems modeling External links:
Water Distribution Systems Modeling using EPANET | …
[PDF]Introduction to Electrical Systems Modeling
military systems modeling | DCS Corp
Mathematical optimization External links:
Title: Mathematical optimization for packing problems – …
Mathematical Optimization – Linear Programming in …
Data conversion External links:
Stat/Transfer Data Conversion Software Utility
[PDF]Data Conversion Specialist Qualities: Responsibilities
http://www.dtisummit.com/JobDescriptions/Data Conversion Specialist.pdf
[PDF]Data Conversion – California
IEEE Standards Association External links:
IEEE Standards Association – Welcome to Mentor
IEEE Standards Association – Sign In
IEEE Standards Association – YouTube
Software quality assurance External links:
15-1199.01 – Software Quality Assurance Engineers and …
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next Move
[PDF]Software Quality Assurance Plan – US Department of …
Function model External links:
A power function model using R statistics – YouTube
Aerospace engineering External links:
Aerospace Engineering – Michigan Engineering
Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Aerospace Engineering | College of Engineering
System of record External links:
What is system of record (SOR)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
The System of Record for Marketing® | Percolate
System of Record Notices – CFTC
Reliability engineering External links:
Google – Site Reliability Engineering
Agile software development External links:
Introducing Agile Software Development
Agile Software Development with Team Foundation …
Extreme programming practices External links:
Extreme Programming Practices Used to Facilitate …
Software maintenance External links:
Software Maintenance | Agvance
High Software Maintenance Fees and What To Do About …
Requirements engineering External links:
[PDF]Collaborative Requirements Engineering – NIST
Requirements engineering (Book, 1996) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Requirements Engineering Process – Computer …
System Integration External links:
Smart Grid Solutions | Smart Grid System Integration …
Pair Programming External links:
Pair Programming & Mentoring @ CoverMyMeds | …
Pair Programming – YouTube
Software design External links:
The Nerdery | Custom Software Design and Development
Software Design and Development | Green River
MjM Software Design
Disparate system External links:
Multi-user disparate system communications manager
Graphical user interface builder External links:
[PDF]GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE BUILDER GNUSTEP
A graphical user interface builder for Tk
Integrated development environment External links:
Integrated Development Environment (IDE) – Progress …
Integrated Development Environment for PHP – PhpED IDE
Stand-up meeting External links:
Agile Methods – Scrum – The Daily Stand-Up Meeting – …
Build automation External links:
Best Build Automation Software in 2017 | G2 Crowd
Scaled Agile Framework External links:
Product Owner – Scaled Agile Framework
Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe 4.5) – Scale Enterprise Agile
Design review External links:
Design Review Board – Village of Estero, Florida
Design review. (Journal, magazine, 1976) [WorldCat.org]
Computer engineering External links:
Electrical & Computer Engineering | College of Engineering
School of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Personal software process External links:
Personal Quality Management with the Personal Software Process
[PDF]Results of Applyingthe Personal Software Process – …
[PDF]Personal Software Process (PSP)
Application release automation External links:
Application Release Automation | ARCAD Software
Application Release Automation – CA Technologies
Application Release Automation (ARA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Model-driven development External links:
Model-Driven Development of .NET Enterprise Applications
Model-Driven Development with IBM Rational Rhapsody – YouTube
Rapid application development External links:
RAD (rapid application development) – Gartner IT Glossary
Pega 7 Platform: Rapid Application Development | Pega
Best Rapid Application Development (RAD) Software in …