What is involved in CIM customer information management
Find out what the related areas are that CIM customer information management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a CIM customer information management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its CIM customer information management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward CIM customer information management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which CIM customer information management related domains to cover and 85 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
CIM customer information management, Common Information Model, Application software, CIM Profile, Distribution management system, ENTSO-E, Electric power, Electric power industry, Electrical distribution, Electrical network, Electricity transmission, Energy management system, Enterprise resource planning, Geographic information system, IEC 61850, IEC 61968, IEC 61970, IEC 62325, IEC TC 57, Information, International Electrotechnical Commission, MultiSpeak, Ontology, Outage management system, RDF Schema, Resource Description Framework, Standardization, XML Schema:
CIM customer information management Critical Criteria:
Grasp CIM customer information management adoptions and get out your magnifying glass.
– What is the total cost related to deploying CIM customer information management, including any consulting or professional services?
– Does CIM customer information management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of CIM customer information management activities?
Common Information Model Critical Criteria:
Think about Common Information Model projects and reduce Common Information Model costs.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your CIM customer information management strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Who needs to know about CIM customer information management ?
– How would one define CIM customer information management leadership?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Check Application software leadership and triple focus on important concepts of Application software relationship management.
– How can you negotiate CIM customer information management successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
CIM Profile Critical Criteria:
Track CIM Profile tasks and find answers.
– Who will provide the final approval of CIM customer information management deliverables?
– Does the CIM customer information management task fit the clients priorities?
– How do we maintain CIM customer information managements Integrity?
Distribution management system Critical Criteria:
Define Distribution management system visions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Distribution management system projects.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about CIM customer information management. How do we gain traction?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the CIM customer information management process?
– How can the value of CIM customer information management be defined?
ENTSO-E Critical Criteria:
Graph ENTSO-E tasks and reduce ENTSO-E costs.
– Think about the people you identified for your CIM customer information management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as CIM customer information management leaders?
– Why is CIM customer information management important for you now?
Electric power Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Electric power visions and ask questions.
– For your CIM customer information management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to CIM customer information management?
Electric power industry Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Electric power industry strategies and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Electric power industry is getting what it needs.
– Think about the functions involved in your CIM customer information management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Are assumptions made in CIM customer information management stated explicitly?
Electrical distribution Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Electrical distribution failures and improve Electrical distribution service perception.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent CIM customer information management services/products?
Electrical network Critical Criteria:
Shape Electrical network management and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Electrical network.
– What are our best practices for minimizing CIM customer information management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the CIM customer information management project lifecycle?
Electricity transmission Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Electricity transmission leadership and achieve a single Electricity transmission view and bringing data together.
– In a project to restructure CIM customer information management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– How much does CIM customer information management help?
Energy management system Critical Criteria:
Detail Energy management system adoptions and optimize Energy management system leadership as a key to advancement.
– Is there any existing CIM customer information management governance structure?
Enterprise resource planning Critical Criteria:
Steer Enterprise resource planning quality and test out new things.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing CIM customer information management?
Geographic information system Critical Criteria:
Understand Geographic information system adoptions and point out improvements in Geographic information system.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of CIM customer information management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving CIM customer information management forward?
– Does CIM customer information management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
IEC 61850 Critical Criteria:
See the value of IEC 61850 tasks and test out new things.
– Is the CIM customer information management organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the Key enablers to make this CIM customer information management move?
IEC 61968 Critical Criteria:
Match IEC 61968 strategies and separate what are the business goals IEC 61968 is aiming to achieve.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to CIM customer information management? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do your measurements capture actionable CIM customer information management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
IEC 61970 Critical Criteria:
Jump start IEC 61970 governance and catalog IEC 61970 activities.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the CIM customer information management process?
– When a CIM customer information management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– What are all of our CIM customer information management domains and what do they do?
IEC 62325 Critical Criteria:
Discuss IEC 62325 strategies and stake your claim.
– Do we have past CIM customer information management Successes?
IEC TC 57 Critical Criteria:
Check IEC TC 57 projects and define what do we need to start doing with IEC TC 57.
– What is our formula for success in CIM customer information management ?
– Are there recognized CIM customer information management problems?
Information Critical Criteria:
Rank Information management and arbitrate Information techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Erp versus big data are the two philosophies of information architecture consistent complementary or in conflict with each other?
– A sites organization scheme involves the placement of content into categories. Which organization scheme do you like best?
– what is a good application for drawing tree diagrams when planning information architecture?
– How is the organization kept informed of information/data governance issues or decisions?
– Is there a need for an authorization scheme to protect tagging based on user roles?
– What business benefits will CIM customer information management goals deliver if achieved?
– Who is involved in decisions about information/Data Management, and how?
– Is unauthorized access to information held in information systems prevented?
– What types of content should and should not be part of the site?
– Is the security of application system sw and information maintained?
– How does the web site support your organizational mission?
– What does integrity ensure in an information system?
– Can a web site do what a reference librarian does?
– What type of information may be released to whom?
– What is it that we are designing, and why?
– What Type of Information May be Released?
– Can the project adequately manage risks?
– What does an Information Architect do?
– What is the purpose of hypertext?
International Electrotechnical Commission Critical Criteria:
Check International Electrotechnical Commission strategies and observe effective International Electrotechnical Commission.
– What are the business goals CIM customer information management is aiming to achieve?
MultiSpeak Critical Criteria:
Set goals for MultiSpeak management and balance specific methods for improving MultiSpeak results.
– In the case of a CIM customer information management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a CIM customer information management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any CIM customer information management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Consider your own CIM customer information management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do we know that any CIM customer information management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Ontology Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Ontology leadership and finalize the present value of growth of Ontology.
– What are the key elements of your CIM customer information management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Are we using ontology standards such as OWL and RDF in our information architecture or data management practices?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a CIM customer information management project?
Outage management system Critical Criteria:
Check Outage management system projects and check on ways to get started with Outage management system.
– How do we Improve CIM customer information management service perception, and satisfaction?
RDF Schema Critical Criteria:
Use past RDF Schema planning and get out your magnifying glass.
– How to deal with CIM customer information management Changes?
Resource Description Framework Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Resource Description Framework projects and create Resource Description Framework explanations for all managers.
– What are internal and external CIM customer information management relations?
Standardization Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Standardization tactics and oversee Standardization requirements.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a CIM customer information management study?
– What will drive CIM customer information management change?
XML Schema Critical Criteria:
Track XML Schema outcomes and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling XML Schema projects.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once CIM customer information management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– In what ways are CIM customer information management vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the CIM customer information management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Common Information Model External links:
What is Common Information Model (CIM)? – Definition …
Common Information Model Combines Augmented Reality …
Common Information Model – technet.microsoft.com
Application software External links:
Title application software Free Download for Windows
Distribution management system External links:
[PDF]Advanced Distribution Management System – NREL
iDeliver – Newspaper Distribution Management System
Albridge Analytics & Distribution Management System
ENTSO-E External links:
ENTSO-E christmas video – YouTube
Who Is ENTSO-E?
ENTSO-E SUPPORT FOR WEB APPLICATIONS
Electric power External links:
Basin Electric Power Cooperative – Official Site
Tucson Electric Power – Official Site
Electric Power Company in Floresville TX | Utilities Company
Electric power industry External links:
Annual Electric Power Industry Report (EIA-861 data file)
Electric Power Industry Conference
Electrical distribution External links:
Electrical Distribution Panels & Circuit Breaker Fires
Energy management system External links:
ecobee EMS Si: Energy Management System Si | Smart …
SiteSage Energy Management System | Powerhouse …
Enterprise resource planning External links:
Enterprise Resource Planning
Enterprise Resource Planning System | Hill International
What is ERP (Enterprise resource planning)? – NetSuite.com
Geographic information system External links:
Geographic Information System
Fulton County Geographic Information System
COT – Geographic Information System (GIS)
IEC 61850 External links:
[PDF]Overview of IEC 61850 and Benefits
[PDF]Industrial Ethernet Introduction to IEC 61850-3 …
IEC 61968 External links:
IEC 61968-11:2013 | IEC Webstore
IEC 61970 External links:
[PDF]An Introduction to IEC 61970-301 & 61968-11: The …
IEC TC 57 External links:
[1835-PLEN] LS/o on Smart Grids security [to IEC TC 57/WG15]
IEC TC 57 – NettedAutomation
Information External links:
National Motor Vehicle Title Information System
Vehicle & Car Registration & Title Information | DMV.ORG
Title Information – Title Insurance
International Electrotechnical Commission External links:
IEC – International Electrotechnical Commission – Google+
IEC – International Electrotechnical Commission – YouTube
IEC – International Electrotechnical Commission
MultiSpeak External links:
[PDF]Energy Utilities (includes ArcGIS MultiSpeak) Data …
Multispeak – Home | Facebook
TechAdvantage | MultiSpeak® Integrator Training
Ontology External links:
Ontology | metaphysics | Britannica.com
Ontology | Definition of Ontology by Merriam-Webster
Ontology Network • r/OntologyNetwork – reddit.com
Outage management system External links:
Outage Management System – Milsoft Utility Solutions
Versify’s Outage Management System
Outage Management System (OMS) – Gartner IT Glossary
RDF Schema External links:
RDF Schema – definition of RDF Schema by The Free …
What is RDF Schema? Webopedia Definition
RDF Schema – Official Site
Resource Description Framework External links:
RDF TUTORIAL | Resource Description Framework – …
An Introduction to the Resource Description Framework
[PDF]1. RDF: Resource Description Framework 2. For …
Standardization External links:
ISO – International Organization for Standardization
Standardization. (Journal, magazine, 1949) [WorldCat.org]
Standardization Procedures – SAS Support
XML Schema External links:
Using W3C XML Schema
XML Schema – World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)
XML Schema Example – W3Schools Online Web Tutorials