What is involved in Hoshin Kanri
Find out what the related areas are that Hoshin Kanri connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Hoshin Kanri thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Hoshin Kanri journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Hoshin Kanri leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Hoshin Kanri related domains to cover and 12 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Hoshin Kanri, Post-war Japan, W. Edwards Deming:
Hoshin Kanri Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Hoshin Kanri decisions and point out Hoshin Kanri tensions in leadership.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Hoshin Kanri product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Will Hoshin Kanri deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Are assumptions made in Hoshin Kanri stated explicitly?
Post-war Japan Critical Criteria:
Define Post-war Japan issues and oversee Post-war Japan requirements.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Hoshin Kanri project manager?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Hoshin Kanri processes of our organization?
– Do we monitor the Hoshin Kanri decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
W. Edwards Deming Critical Criteria:
Grasp W. Edwards Deming adoptions and assess and formulate effective operational and W. Edwards Deming strategies.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Hoshin Kanri? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the key elements of your Hoshin Kanri performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Hoshin Kanri goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Hoshin Kanri Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Hoshin Kanri External links:
Hoshin Defined – What is Hoshin Kanri?
The Basics of Hoshin Kanri (eBook, 2014) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Hoshin Kanri: Collaborating to Chart and Manage …
http://schd.ws/hosted_files/agile2015/b5/Hoshin Kanri Agile 2015.pdf
Post-war Japan External links:
Post-War Japan Flashcards | Quizlet
W. Edwards Deming External links:
Dr. W. Edwards Deming: The Father of the Quality Evolution
The W. Edwards Deming Institute
ASQ: About: W. Edwards Deming | ASQ