What is involved in Salesforce.com
Find out what the related areas are that Salesforce.com connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Salesforce.com thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Salesforce.com journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Salesforce.com leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Salesforce.com related domains to cover and 125 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Salesforce.com, Cloud database, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Help desk, Rackspace Cloud, Oracle Linux, Microsoft Azure, Tata Consultancy Services, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Microsoft Studios, Public company, Portland Business Journal, Amazon Web Services, HCL Technologies, Cisco Systems, SoftBank Group, Lam Research, Hillsboro, Oregon, Software as a service, Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand, HMD Global, NXP Semiconductors, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, Virtual appliance, Infineon Technologies, Western Digital, Hutchison Asia Telecom Group, Orange S.A., SK Hynix, Integrated Micro-Electronics, Inc., Virtual private cloud, Compal Electronics, SAP Cloud Platform, Freescale Semiconductor, Distributed file system for cloud, DXC Technology, Indra Sistemas, Canon Inc., Electronic Arts, Middle East, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, VIA Technologies, Southern Pacific Building:
Salesforce.com Critical Criteria:
Focus on Salesforce.com management and do something to it.
– What are the key elements of your Salesforce.com performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is there a Salesforce.com Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How can the value of Salesforce.com be defined?
Cloud database Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Cloud database results and overcome Cloud database skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Salesforce.com processes?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Salesforce.com activities?
– Does our organization need more Salesforce.com education?
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Hewlett Packard Enterprise issues and look at it backwards.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Salesforce.com delivery for example is new software needed?
– Think of your Salesforce.com project. what are the main functions?
– Do Salesforce.com rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Help desk Critical Criteria:
Check Help desk engagements and ask questions.
– The offeror will describe its service levels for fixes, help desk, etc. will it reduce its fees if the service levels are not met?
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– Does Salesforce.com create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Salesforce.com process?
– Complement identity management and help desk solutions with closedloop import and export?
– What features of the current help desk service management tool are being used?
– How has the current help desk service management tool been customized?
– Do we know the number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– What is the current help desk service management tool and version?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Salesforce.com?
– Help desk password resets easily measured (specific number?
– How will the offeror provide support through the help desk?
– Number of password problem help desk calls per month?
– How does the help desk authenticate callers?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Systematize Rackspace Cloud adoptions and probe the present value of growth of Rackspace Cloud.
– Can we add value to the current Salesforce.com decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Salesforce.com ?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Salesforce.com move?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
Oracle Linux Critical Criteria:
Use past Oracle Linux outcomes and summarize a clear Oracle Linux focus.
– How would one define Salesforce.com leadership?
– What are current Salesforce.com Paradigms?
– How much does Salesforce.com help?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Study Microsoft Azure results and finalize specific methods for Microsoft Azure acceptance.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Salesforce.com models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Salesforce.com project?
Tata Consultancy Services Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Tata Consultancy Services visions and display thorough understanding of the Tata Consultancy Services process.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Salesforce.com agendas for the next 3 years?
– Have you identified your Salesforce.com key performance indicators?
– What vendors make products that address the Salesforce.com needs?
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Critical Criteria:
Refer to Salesforce Marketing Cloud leadership and check on ways to get started with Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
– What are the disruptive Salesforce.com technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How will you know that the Salesforce.com project has been successful?
– Is the scope of Salesforce.com defined?
Microsoft Studios Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Microsoft Studios failures and question.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Salesforce.com objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– How do we manage Salesforce.com Knowledge Management (KM)?
Public company Critical Criteria:
Investigate Public company engagements and improve Public company service perception.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Salesforce.com process?
– How can you measure Salesforce.com in a systematic way?
– What is Effective Salesforce.com?
Portland Business Journal Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Portland Business Journal tactics and display thorough understanding of the Portland Business Journal process.
– Is Salesforce.com dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Amazon Web Services failures and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Amazon Web Services information.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Salesforce.com been identified and analyzed?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Salesforce.com effort?
HCL Technologies Critical Criteria:
Track HCL Technologies projects and remodel and develop an effective HCL Technologies strategy.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Salesforce.com processes?
– How important is Salesforce.com to the user organizations mission?
– Who will provide the final approval of Salesforce.com deliverables?
Cisco Systems Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Cisco Systems planning and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Consider your own Salesforce.com project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Salesforce.com Management?
SoftBank Group Critical Criteria:
Distinguish SoftBank Group management and test out new things.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Salesforce.com?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Salesforce.com leaders?
– Do we have past Salesforce.com Successes?
Lam Research Critical Criteria:
Confer over Lam Research decisions and find the essential reading for Lam Research researchers.
– Do the Salesforce.com decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are internal and external Salesforce.com relations?
– Is a Salesforce.com Team Work effort in place?
Hillsboro, Oregon Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Hillsboro, Oregon tasks and assess and formulate effective operational and Hillsboro, Oregon strategies.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Salesforce.com moving forward?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Derive from Software as a service tactics and do something to it.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Salesforce.com processes?
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand management and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand decisions.
– Think about the people you identified for your Salesforce.com project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
HMD Global Critical Criteria:
Focus on HMD Global engagements and cater for concise HMD Global education.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Salesforce.com services/products?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Salesforce.com values?
– Why are Salesforce.com skills important?
NXP Semiconductors Critical Criteria:
Grasp NXP Semiconductors outcomes and report on developing an effective NXP Semiconductors strategy.
– How to deal with Salesforce.com Changes?
– How do we keep improving Salesforce.com?
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides Critical Criteria:
Merge Google Docs, Sheets and Slides risks and summarize a clear Google Docs, Sheets and Slides focus.
– How to Secure Salesforce.com?
Virtual appliance Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Virtual appliance tactics and assess what counts with Virtual appliance that we are not counting.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Salesforce.com process?
– Which customers cant participate in our Salesforce.com domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– How do we know that any Salesforce.com analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Infineon Technologies Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Infineon Technologies management and correct better engagement with Infineon Technologies results.
– Among the Salesforce.com product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– How likely is the current Salesforce.com plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do we all define Salesforce.com in the same way?
Western Digital Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Western Digital engagements and get out your magnifying glass.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Salesforce.com process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Salesforce.com process available?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Salesforce.com project?
Hutchison Asia Telecom Group Critical Criteria:
Model after Hutchison Asia Telecom Group governance and triple focus on important concepts of Hutchison Asia Telecom Group relationship management.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Salesforce.com?
Orange S.A. Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Orange S.A. results and look in other fields.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Salesforce.com?
SK Hynix Critical Criteria:
Track SK Hynix engagements and oversee implementation of SK Hynix.
Integrated Micro-Electronics, Inc. Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Integrated Micro-Electronics, Inc. risks and do something to it.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Salesforce.com opportunities costing us money?
– What are specific Salesforce.com Rules to follow?
Virtual private cloud Critical Criteria:
Jump start Virtual private cloud strategies and probe the present value of growth of Virtual private cloud.
Compal Electronics Critical Criteria:
Examine Compal Electronics governance and correct better engagement with Compal Electronics results.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Salesforce.com into the services that we provide?
– What are the barriers to increased Salesforce.com production?
– Are assumptions made in Salesforce.com stated explicitly?
SAP Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Communicate about SAP Cloud Platform quality and devote time assessing SAP Cloud Platform and its risk.
– What is the purpose of Salesforce.com in relation to the mission?
Freescale Semiconductor Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Freescale Semiconductor planning and get answers.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Salesforce.com with what users do day-to-day?
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Scan Distributed file system for cloud outcomes and separate what are the business goals Distributed file system for cloud is aiming to achieve.
– Do those selected for the Salesforce.com team have a good general understanding of what Salesforce.com is all about?
DXC Technology Critical Criteria:
Accelerate DXC Technology outcomes and create a map for yourself.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Salesforce.com objectives?
– How will you measure your Salesforce.com effectiveness?
Indra Sistemas Critical Criteria:
Depict Indra Sistemas management and finalize specific methods for Indra Sistemas acceptance.
– What are the usability implications of Salesforce.com actions?
– Who sets the Salesforce.com standards?
Canon Inc. Critical Criteria:
Scan Canon Inc. governance and create Canon Inc. explanations for all managers.
– Why is Salesforce.com important for you now?
– What is our Salesforce.com Strategy?
Electronic Arts Critical Criteria:
Judge Electronic Arts goals and gather Electronic Arts models .
– How do mission and objectives affect the Salesforce.com processes of our organization?
Middle East Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Middle East adoptions and be persistent.
– Have all basic functions of Salesforce.com been defined?
Hitachi Data Systems Critical Criteria:
Coach on Hitachi Data Systems projects and acquire concise Hitachi Data Systems education.
– What is the source of the strategies for Salesforce.com strengthening and reform?
– Which Salesforce.com goals are the most important?
– How can skill-level changes improve Salesforce.com?
Juniper Networks Critical Criteria:
Administer Juniper Networks management and look at the big picture.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Salesforce.com information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
VIA Technologies Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re VIA Technologies failures and improve VIA Technologies service perception.
Southern Pacific Building Critical Criteria:
Look at Southern Pacific Building engagements and proactively manage Southern Pacific Building risks.
– Will Salesforce.com have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Salesforce.com forward?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Salesforce.com Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Salesforce.com External links:
salesforce.com – Official Site
Cloud database External links:
MongoDB Cloud Database Solutions | MongoDB
SQL Database – Cloud Database as a Service | Microsoft …
Hewlett Packard Enterprise External links:
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Support Help & …
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE)
Help desk External links:
ND University System Help Desk | NDUS CTS
Help Desk – Helpdesk Software Login
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Big Data on the Rackspace Cloud – Rackspace Hosting
Rackspace Cloud Files API 1.0 – Rackspace Developer Portal
Manual restores via Rackspace Cloud Backup API – …
Oracle Linux External links:
Oracle Linux 7 Documentation Library
Oracle Linux for Enterprises – Get Your Free White Paper Now
http://Ad · go.oracle.com/Linux-OS/Free-Whitepaper
Oracle Blogs | Oracle Linux Blog
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Pricing Calculator | Microsoft Azure
Tata Consultancy Services External links:
Sign In – Tata Consultancy Services UK Perks at Work
NextStep- Tata Consultancy Services
Tata Consultancy Services – Tata companies – Tata group
Salesforce Marketing Cloud External links:
Salesforce Marketing Cloud – Exact Target
Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developers Group …
Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Microsoft Studios External links:
Microsoft Studios (@MSStudiosBlog) | Twitter
Microsoft Studios – Official Site
Microsoft Studios – Home | Facebook
Public company External links:
Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) – SEC.gov
Public Company Research – Library of Congress
Portland Business Journal External links:
[PDF]The Portland Business Journal
Portland business journal. (Newspaper, 1987) …
Amazon Web Services External links:
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
HCL Technologies External links:
HCL Technologies Ltd: NSE:HCLTECH quotes & news – Google
Infor and HCL Technologies Enter Strategic Partnership
HCL Technologies – Official Site
Cisco Systems External links:
Cisco Systems, Inc. Common Stock (CSCO) – NASDAQ.com
Contact Cisco – Cisco Systems
Cisco Worldwide – Cisco Systems
SoftBank Group External links:
SoftBank Group Corp: TYO:9984 quotes & news – Google …
SFTBY:OTC US Stock Quote – SoftBank Group Corp – …
Lam Research External links:
Lam Research Benefits
Lam Research Corporation – LRCX – Stock Price Today – …
Lam Research Corporation: NASDAQ:LRCX quotes & …
Software as a service External links:
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Software As A Service – SaaS – Investopedia
HMD Global External links:
HMD Press Release 31th October 2017 | HMD Global
HMD Global – Official Site
NXP Semiconductors External links:
NXP Semiconductors NV – NXPI – Stock Quotes – CNBC
NXPI – NXP Semiconductors NV Stock quote – CNNMoney…
NXP Semiconductors N.V. Common Stock (NXPI) …
Virtual appliance External links:
Virtual Appliance – Netwrix
Virtual appliance – ICA-AtoM
Cisco Content Security Management Virtual Appliance …
Infineon Technologies External links:
Infineon Technologies – Official Site
Infineon Technologies Ag – IFNNY – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Infineon Technologies Distributor | DigiKey Electronics
Western Digital External links:
WDC – Western Digital Corp Stock quote – CNNMoney.com
Hutchison Asia Telecom Group External links:
Hutchison Asia Telecom Group – Revolvy
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Hutchison Asia Telecom Group
Hutchison Asia Telecom Group – Infogalactic: the …
Hutchison Asia Telecom Group – Sussle
Orange S.A. External links:
Orange S.A.: quotes & news – Google Finance
France Telecom (now Orange S.A.) | Crunchbase
In re Orange S.A. (Telesocial, Inc.) | The Recorder
SK Hynix External links:
SK Hynix – Official Site
SK Hynix Inc: KRX:000660 quotes & news – Google Finance
Integrated Micro-Electronics, Inc. External links:
Integrated Micro-Electronics, Inc. (IMI) | IMI
Virtual private cloud External links:
Virtual Network – Virtual Private Cloud | Microsoft Azure
Compal Electronics External links:
Compal Electronics on the Forbes Global 2000 List
SAP Cloud Platform External links:
Overview | SAP Cloud Platform
Freescale Semiconductor External links:
[PDF]Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
Distributed file system for cloud – broom02.revolvy.com
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Distributed file system for cloud
Distributed file system for cloud: Fast Track
MeshFS: A distributed file system for cloud-based …
DXC Technology External links:
DXC Technology Perks at Work
Dxc Technology Company. – DXC – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Indra Sistemas External links:
Indra Sistemas SA: BME:IDR quotes & news – Google …
Electronic Arts External links:
CSULB Film and Electronic Arts Department: Home
Electronic Arts Home Page – Official EA Site
Electronic Arts (@EA) | Twitter
Middle East External links:
Middle East News | The Jerusalem Post
Middle East News – the latest from Al Jazeera
Middle East Monitor – Official Site
Hitachi Data Systems External links:
Hitachi Data Systems Jobs – ZipRecruiter
Juniper Networks External links:
Juniper Networks, Inc. – JNPR – Stock Price Today – Zacks
JNPR – Juniper Networks Inc Stock quote – CNNMoney.com
Juniper Networks – Sunnyvale, CA
Southern Pacific Building External links:
SOUTHERN PACIFIC BUILDING NEARS COMPLETION …
Southern Pacific Building, San Francisco | 118774 | …
Southern Pacific Building :: Image Collections