What is involved in Service Billing
Find out what the related areas are that Service Billing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Service Billing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Service Billing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Service Billing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Service Billing related domains to cover and 31 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Service Billing, Subscription billing service, App Store, Apple Inc., Finance, LEC billing, Software as a service:
Service Billing Critical Criteria:
Understand Service Billing engagements and handle a jump-start course to Service Billing.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Service Billing?
– Are accountability and ownership for Service Billing clearly defined?
– How would one define Service Billing leadership?
Subscription billing service Critical Criteria:
Probe Subscription billing service projects and handle a jump-start course to Subscription billing service.
– In a project to restructure Service Billing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is the source of the strategies for Service Billing strengthening and reform?
– How important is Service Billing to the user organizations mission?
App Store Critical Criteria:
Mix App Store engagements and assess and formulate effective operational and App Store strategies.
– Do we monitor the Service Billing decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Apple Inc. Critical Criteria:
Refer to Apple Inc. goals and oversee Apple Inc. management by competencies.
– Have all basic functions of Service Billing been defined?
– How can you measure Service Billing in a systematic way?
Finance Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Finance planning and handle a jump-start course to Finance.
– How do we engage divisions, operating units, operations, internal audit, risk management, compliance, finance, technology, and human resources in adopting the updated framework?
– Are the organizations current procurement rules and culture set-up to approve and finance fluctuating costs, i.e. pay-per-use over fixed price services?
– Does the committee responsible for risk have direct communication with the finance function and with staff who have time to ask what if?
– How often do we hold meaningful conversations at the operating level among sales, finance, operations, IT, and human resources?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Service Billing, including any consulting or professional services?
– Adequate resources (staff, finances, etc.) to bring the business up to normal operating levels?
– Does Service Billing analysis show the relationships among important Service Billing factors?
– In what ways are Service Billing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How will the finance function within business change over the next five years?
– Is Business Intelligence a more natural fit within Finance or IT?
LEC billing Critical Criteria:
Communicate about LEC billing tactics and define what do we need to start doing with LEC billing.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Service Billing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Do those selected for the Service Billing team have a good general understanding of what Service Billing is all about?
– What are the business goals Service Billing is aiming to achieve?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Judge Software as a service planning and transcribe Software as a service as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– Do we all define Service Billing in the same way?
– How can the value of Service Billing be defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Service Billing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Service Billing External links:
Solar Service Billing
Subscription billing service External links:
Subscription Billing Service | BluSynergy
White Label: a sleek subscription billing service – YouTube
App Store External links:
5 Myths About App Store Optimization (ASO) – Kissmetrics
QuickBooks App Store | Accounting Apps
App Store Downloads on iTunes
Apple Inc. External links:
Apple Inc. (AAPL) Analyst Research – NASDAQ.com
AAPL Annual Income Statement – Apple Inc. Annual Financials
Apple Inc. (AAPL) Dividend Date & History – nasdaq.com
Finance External links:
Yahoo Finance – Business Finance, Stock Market, Quotes, …
LEC billing External links:
LEC Billing – PayCorp
Software as a service External links:
DENTAEB Software as a service
DENTAWEB Software as a service
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach