What is involved in Reconfigurable computing
Find out what the related areas are that Reconfigurable computing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Reconfigurable computing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Reconfigurable computing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Reconfigurable computing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Reconfigurable computing related domains to cover and 117 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Reconfigurable computing, Computer architecture, Arithmetic logic unit, Altera Quartus, Cypress Semiconductor, National Instruments, Field-programmable gate array, Electronic hardware, Xilinx Vivado, National Science Foundation, Address Resolution Protocol, Programmable Array Logic, Soft microprocessor, C to HDL, Field programmable gate array, Magma Design Automation, Advanced Micro Devices, Flow to HDL, PubMed Central, ILAND project, Xilinx ISE, Reconfigurable computing, Programmable logic array, Circuit underutilization, IBM POWER microprocessors, Mentor Graphics, Lattice Semiconductor, System on a chip, Multi-core processor, OpenRISC 1200, PCI Express, Cadence Design Systems, Parallel computing, Forte Design Systems, Complex programmable logic device, Java Optimized Processor:
Reconfigurable computing Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Reconfigurable computing tactics and secure Reconfigurable computing creativity.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Reconfigurable computing models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How can you measure Reconfigurable computing in a systematic way?
– Why should we adopt a Reconfigurable computing framework?
Computer architecture Critical Criteria:
Judge Computer architecture quality and tour deciding if Computer architecture progress is made.
– How do we measure improved Reconfigurable computing service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the barriers to increased Reconfigurable computing production?
Arithmetic logic unit Critical Criteria:
Administer Arithmetic logic unit planning and attract Arithmetic logic unit skills.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Reconfigurable computing project?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Reconfigurable computing requirements in detail?
– Are there Reconfigurable computing Models?
Altera Quartus Critical Criteria:
Administer Altera Quartus quality and handle a jump-start course to Altera Quartus.
– what is the best design framework for Reconfigurable computing organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How will you measure your Reconfigurable computing effectiveness?
Cypress Semiconductor Critical Criteria:
Analyze Cypress Semiconductor issues and maintain Cypress Semiconductor for success.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Reconfigurable computing project manager?
– What are our Reconfigurable computing Processes?
– What is our Reconfigurable computing Strategy?
National Instruments Critical Criteria:
Investigate National Instruments issues and transcribe National Instruments as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Reconfigurable computing process?
– Do the Reconfigurable computing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Field-programmable gate array Critical Criteria:
Check Field-programmable gate array failures and do something to it.
– How can you negotiate Reconfigurable computing successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Is there a Reconfigurable computing Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are specific Reconfigurable computing Rules to follow?
Electronic hardware Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Electronic hardware tasks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Electronic hardware.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Reconfigurable computing goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– How do we manage Reconfigurable computing Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How is the value delivered by Reconfigurable computing being measured?
Xilinx Vivado Critical Criteria:
Unify Xilinx Vivado visions and pioneer acquisition of Xilinx Vivado systems.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Reconfigurable computing processes?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Reconfigurable computing project?
National Science Foundation Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot National Science Foundation projects and display thorough understanding of the National Science Foundation process.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Reconfigurable computing moving forward?
– Do Reconfigurable computing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Are assumptions made in Reconfigurable computing stated explicitly?
Address Resolution Protocol Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Address Resolution Protocol visions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Address Resolution Protocol projects.
– Does Reconfigurable computing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Reconfigurable computing study?
Programmable Array Logic Critical Criteria:
Apply Programmable Array Logic adoptions and do something to it.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Reconfigurable computing strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Reconfigurable computing leader?
– In a project to restructure Reconfigurable computing outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Soft microprocessor Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Soft microprocessor adoptions and raise human resource and employment practices for Soft microprocessor.
– What are internal and external Reconfigurable computing relations?
– How can skill-level changes improve Reconfigurable computing?
– How can we improve Reconfigurable computing?
C to HDL Critical Criteria:
Explore C to HDL results and interpret which customers can’t participate in C to HDL because they lack skills.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Reconfigurable computing delivery for example is new software needed?
Field programmable gate array Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Field programmable gate array tactics and check on ways to get started with Field programmable gate array.
– What are the disruptive Reconfigurable computing technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Magma Design Automation Critical Criteria:
Look at Magma Design Automation strategies and report on developing an effective Magma Design Automation strategy.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Reconfigurable computing project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Reconfigurable computing? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Are we Assessing Reconfigurable computing and Risk?
Advanced Micro Devices Critical Criteria:
Refer to Advanced Micro Devices leadership and report on the economics of relationships managing Advanced Micro Devices and constraints.
– How to Secure Reconfigurable computing?
Flow to HDL Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Flow to HDL issues and do something to it.
– Among the Reconfigurable computing product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
PubMed Central Critical Criteria:
Communicate about PubMed Central projects and create PubMed Central explanations for all managers.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Reconfigurable computing does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What is the source of the strategies for Reconfigurable computing strengthening and reform?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Reconfigurable computing effort?
ILAND project Critical Criteria:
Add value to ILAND project tactics and gather ILAND project models .
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Reconfigurable computing?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Reconfigurable computing?
– Does the Reconfigurable computing task fit the clients priorities?
Xilinx ISE Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Xilinx ISE projects and find the ideas you already have.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Reconfigurable computing services/products?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Reconfigurable computing?
Reconfigurable computing Critical Criteria:
Grasp Reconfigurable computing projects and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Reconfigurable computing results.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Reconfigurable computing?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Reconfigurable computing is underway?
– In what ways are Reconfigurable computing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Programmable logic array Critical Criteria:
Review Programmable logic array tactics and pioneer acquisition of Programmable logic array systems.
– What are the business goals Reconfigurable computing is aiming to achieve?
– Do we have past Reconfigurable computing Successes?
Circuit underutilization Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Circuit underutilization risks and check on ways to get started with Circuit underutilization.
– Does Reconfigurable computing create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Reconfigurable computing forward?
IBM POWER microprocessors Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect IBM POWER microprocessors issues and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Reconfigurable computing. How do we gain traction?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Reconfigurable computing objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Mentor Graphics Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Mentor Graphics management and overcome Mentor Graphics skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Reconfigurable computing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How will you know that the Reconfigurable computing project has been successful?
– Will Reconfigurable computing deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Lattice Semiconductor Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Lattice Semiconductor visions and display thorough understanding of the Lattice Semiconductor process.
– Is Supporting Reconfigurable computing documentation required?
System on a chip Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over System on a chip governance and sort System on a chip activities.
– For correct behaviour of synchronous edge-triggered hardware, the progagation delay of D-types must be greater than their hold time. Question : How can we ensuse this in a technology-neutral model that does not have any specific numerical delays ?
– Another common question that needs checking is sequential equivalence. Do a pair of designs follow the same state trajectory ?
– Moores Law has been tracked for the last two plus decades, but have we now reached the Silicon End Point?
– Consider adjusting the clock frequency (while keeping VCC constant for now). What does this achieve?
– What Other Considerations or Tests Must be Performed in Order to Validate a System Within a Chip?
– If a pair of circuits are combined, do they share a common clock or take it in turns to move?
– Other standard payloads (e.g. 802.3 frame or audio sample) might be expected ?
– Does it fully-define an actual implementation (this is overly restrictive) ?
– Analogue parts what is compromised if these are integrated onto the ASIC ?
– Can we automatically create RTL glue logic from port specifications ?
– Which Reconfigurable computing goals are the most important?
– How small can we go: what is the silicon end point ?
– How do you ensure that the micro-boundary is secure?
– What are the benefits of a platform?
– How Does SOI Reduce Capacitance ?
– To chain all registers in a uP?
– Should be soft IP or hard IP?
– How is a SoC implemented?
– Is there a workaround?
Multi-core processor Critical Criteria:
Consult on Multi-core processor tasks and balance specific methods for improving Multi-core processor results.
OpenRISC 1200 Critical Criteria:
Learn from OpenRISC 1200 quality and intervene in OpenRISC 1200 processes and leadership.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Reconfigurable computing agendas for the next 3 years?
– How do we Lead with Reconfigurable computing in Mind?
PCI Express Critical Criteria:
Experiment with PCI Express projects and define what do we need to start doing with PCI Express.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Reconfigurable computing processes?
– Is the Reconfigurable computing organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Cadence Design Systems Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Cadence Design Systems quality and cater for concise Cadence Design Systems education.
Parallel computing Critical Criteria:
Apply Parallel computing projects and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Parallel computing.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Reconfigurable computing opportunities costing us money?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Reconfigurable computing leaders?
Forte Design Systems Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Forte Design Systems visions and find the essential reading for Forte Design Systems researchers.
– Do we all define Reconfigurable computing in the same way?
Complex programmable logic device Critical Criteria:
Grade Complex programmable logic device results and define what do we need to start doing with Complex programmable logic device.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Reconfigurable computing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Reconfigurable computing?
Java Optimized Processor Critical Criteria:
Judge Java Optimized Processor quality and revise understanding of Java Optimized Processor architectures.
– How do we maintain Reconfigurable computings Integrity?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Reconfigurable computing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Reconfigurable computing External links:
Reconfigurable Computing Systems • ELO Online …
Computer architecture External links:
Computer Architecture Stony Brook Lab
Computer architecture | Engineering | Fandom powered by …
Arithmetic logic unit External links:
Arithmetic Logic Unit Flashcards | Quizlet
Simple Arithmetic Logic Unit – YouTube
Arithmetic Logic Unit – YouTube
Altera Quartus External links:
[PDF]ALTERA QUARTUS II SOFTWARE
[PDF]Altera Quartus II Tutorial – University of Texas at El Paso
[PDF]Altera Quartus II Tutorial – Computer Science and …
Cypress Semiconductor External links:
solution | Cypress Semiconductor
Press Releases – Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
National Instruments External links:
LabVIEW – National Instruments
Create a Custom Title Block in Multisim – National Instruments
title bar icon – Discussion Forums – National Instruments
Field-programmable gate array External links:
Field-Programmable Gate Array | Microsemi Corp. | Oct …
field-programmable gate array – Wiktionary
Electronic hardware External links:
What is electronic hardware?
http://Electronic hardware can range from individual chips/circuits to distributed information processing systems. Well designed electronic hardware is composed of hierarchies of functional modules which inter-communicate via precisely defined interfaces.
Electronic Hardware Components & Parts – Connector …
UNICORP Electronic Hardware Standoffs Handles …
National Science Foundation External links:
National Science Foundation – Visit Alexandria VA
NSF – National Science Foundation
Address Resolution Protocol External links:
ARP – Address Resolution Protocol on Computer Networks
Description of Address Resolution Protocol (ARP) …
C to HDL External links:
C to HDL – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Field programmable gate array External links:
Field Programmable Gate Array Application for …
What is an FPGA? Field Programmable Gate Array
Magma Design Automation External links:
Magma Design Automation | Crunchbase
Advanced Micro Devices External links:
AMD – Advanced Micro Devices Inc Stock quote – CNNMoney…
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Common Stock (AMD) …
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.: NASDAQ:AMD quotes & …
Flow to HDL External links:
Flow to HDL – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Flow to HDL – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Flow to HDL
PubMed Central External links:
Need Images? Try PubMed Central | HSLS Update
PubMed Tutorial – Getting the Articles – PubMed Central
PubMed Central | Rutgers University Libraries
Xilinx ISE External links:
[PDF]Xilinx ISE 10.1 Software Manuals
[PDF]Xilinx ISE Webpack + Project Setup Instructions 1. …
Xilinx ISE Schematic Capture – uhaweb.hartford.edu
Reconfigurable computing External links:
Reconfigurable Computing Systems • ELO Online …
Programmable logic array External links:
[PDF]Programmable Logic Array – Admin
Programmable Logic Array (PLA) | Easy Explanation – YouTube
Programmable Logic Array (PLA) – cs.umd.edu
IBM POWER microprocessors External links:
IBM POWER Microprocessors – Quora
IBM POWER microprocessors – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/IBM POWER microprocessors
Mentor Graphics External links:
Mentor Graphics Salaries | CareerBliss
Mentor Graphics – Official Site
Nourish Cafe at Mentor Graphics – Fremont, CA
Lattice Semiconductor External links:
Lattice Semiconductor Corp: NASDAQ:LSCC quotes & …
Home – Lattice Semiconductor
Lattice Semiconductor Careers
System on a chip External links:
Circulatory System on a Chip | Medgadget
OpenRISC 1200 External links:
OpenRISC 1200 – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
OpenRISC 1200 – update.revolvy.com
PCI Express External links:
ACCES I/O – PCI Express Mini Card (Mini PCIe, mPCIe)
Cadence Design Systems External links:
CDNS – Cadence Design Systems Inc. Crowdsourced …
Cadence Design Systems – mapquest.com
Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (CDNS) After Hours …
Parallel computing External links:
Parallel Computing Institute – Parallel@Illinois
Forte Design Systems External links:
Forte Design Systems – Posts | Facebook
Forte Design Systems to Demonstrate New Productivity…
Forte Design Systems | Crunchbase
Complex programmable logic device External links:
Complex Programmable Logic Device – FEI Company
Skill Pages – Complex programmable logic device | Dice.com
Xilinx XC9572XL Complex Programmable Logic Device …
Java Optimized Processor External links:
JOP: a Java Optimized Processor :: Overview :: OpenCores
JOP abbreviation stands for Java Optimized Processor
JOP: A Java Optimized Processor for Embedded Real …